Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
As part of a project to build a sports stadium you're managing a sub-project to construct the automatic all-whether roof. Level 2 of the WBS displays the phases manufacturing, electronic and controls and testing. Level 3 contains two deliverable s for electronics and controls, wiring and computerization. The WBS dictionary describes the work the computerization deliverable requires as installing the management hardware and software, and customizing the installation.
You are required to:
1. Construct the WBS
2. Determine the dependencies on Level 3
3. Create the WBS dictionary
1. Work Breakdown Structure
2. Dependencies for level 3
- Installing hardware must finish before installing software can be start
- Installing software must be finished before customizing can be start
3 . Dictionary
1. Construct the network diagram
2. Find the critical path
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Project life circle consist of combination of 9 knowledge area and tools and technique
Project association have 4 aspect that need to be consider:
- Initiating- project feasibility [ project initiation, kick-off documents],
- Planning - gannt chart,WBS, schedule, task list, resource leveling chart.
- Controlling/executing - task list, issue list, bug list [deliverable]
- Closing - close out document, customers satisfaction assessment,
Image above : 4 Aspect on Project Association
. Starts with "project charter" document
. Information that consist on project charter
- triple constrains
- responsibility of each individual in project
- final product [output and deliverable]
. We need to start working plan [ex: Work Breakdown Structure WBS, schedule or gannt chart]
. The most important is gannt chart,CPM and WBS
. Work Breakdown Structure
- Detail to certain work from the biggest work
- In hierarchical structure
- Have 2 form [1 - detail, 2 - hierarchical structure]
- Need to form dictionary
- Show the activity and time/ date of project on graph view
- The activities come from WBS
Image above : The Gannt Chart Structure
- The most critical way in project
- Determine the most longest path on project
- Should be follow the sequences
. Should have task for each days
. Task list, issue list, or any list - deliverable products
. Should create model system or project model [ Planning - Analysis - Developing - Implementation]
. Documents that compile all the documents in projects to form management project
. After finished, closing ceremony will be held and organize by the project company.
Monday, July 19, 2010
There are 3 constrain in Project Management. There are ;
- Scope - The limitation of project
- Time - Project should be finish up by the due date
- Cost - The actual cost of the project
Here are the three examples of triple constrain mega project in State of Malacca
1. Malacca Taming Sari Tower
· Malacca Taming Sari Tower was a new attraction for Malacca tourism.
· The owner of these project is Malacca State governance by Kumpulan Melaka Berhad
· The operation will be run by its subsidiary company Melaka Taming Sari Berhad (MTSB)
· Malacca Taming Sari Tower was supposed to be built near The Stadthuys (Dutch Square). But, the plan was stopped and relocated, when an ancient Portuguese wall - Middleburg Bastion, was discovered on the site.
Triple constrain in this project
· A viewing tower with 110 meter height
· Have a viewing cabin that can bring up 66 passengers on one time
· Air-conditioned viewing cabin with seats
· Cabin should can be rotate 360 degree with full view of Malacca town
· Using gyro technology
· Have a support building below the tower with local design structure containing commercial
outlets, which includes cafe, restaurant, and souvenir shops
· 7 minutes duration for each rides
· Revolves as it rises from ground level to the top of the tower.
· RM 24 million
2. Malacca Arab City
· Will be located at Malacca Island, Klebang and Kg Jawa.
· Transforming parts of Malacca city, namely Pulau Melaka, Klebang and Kg Jawa, into an Arab City
· The Arab City Malacca project, is the first its kind project outside the middle east country
· 13.75ha of seafront land in Pulau Melaka, Klebang and the Arab traders bazaar in Kampung Jawa
· The project is undertaken by the Arab City Melaka Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of the Golden Corporate Heritage (GCH) Sdn Bhd.
· The project will be on a 90:10 joint venture basis with the state government through the Chief Minister Incorporated (CMI) of Melaka. CMI will own the land.
Triple constrain in this project
· The development will be on three phases.
· The first phase of the project in Malacca Island on a 1.68ha site, involves shopping bazaars, Arabic-themed restaurants, cafes and a museum parading historic Arabic items. It including 10 restaurants specializing in authentic Middle Eastern cuisines and a museum with genuine Egyptian artifacts.
· The second phase of the Arab City project at Klebang covering 4 hectares of land would be a mixed development comprising a five-star hotel, health resort and water sports club. The construction of an Arab healthcare city a water theme park, an aquarium and a floating restaurant.
· The third phase in Kampung Jawa is to be turned into wholesale trading. For the Kg Jawa development it would establishing of 12 Arabic restaurants and coffee shops from different Arabic cultures.
· All the three phase design will be 100 per cent Arab concept
· Overall project cost 1.2 billion
· The first phase of the project in Malacca Island costing RM250 million
· The development at Klebang site will be coasting 700 million.
· The first stage of Arab Island started on March 2009 and is expected to be
completed within 18 months or in December 2010.
Image above : Artist illustration of Arab City at Klebang Malacca
Image above : Artist illustration of Arab City in Pulau Malacca
3. Hatten Square Malacca
· Strategically situated in the heart of Melaka
· Combination of 5 star hotel, residential area, and shop lots.
Triple constrain in this project
· Retail lots, serviced hotel suites
· Retail: 200 units / Suites: 490 / Hotel rooms: 260
· Tallest building in Melaka Town centre
· 10 units of passengers lift
· Gym ,Sauna & Spa ,Indoor & Outdoor Swimming Pool and Convention Hall facilities
· Link Bridge to Dataran Pahlawan
· 1,500 parking bays
· Meeting rooms and a ballroom with a capacity of 120 tables.
· The development of Hatten Square is divided into two phases. First phase’s consist of car parks and retail podium. The second phases consist of tower for suite and hotel.
· The safety of the residents is ensured as there are CCTV surveillance and security guards patrolling 24/7.
· Overall cost of RM 150 million
· The development of Hatten Square started on 2007.
· The first phase is expected complete by end of year 2010
· The second phase is expected finished by June 2011
Image above : Artist illustration of Hatten Square Malacca
Image above : The upcoming Hatten Square at Malacca